Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- Links for use by those who might wish to purchase copies of my most recent books . . .
- My new bibliography is now on eBay, for domestic purchases — I expect to add international shipping late this week . . .
- I’m ALMOST ready to sell copies of my new “A Bibliography of Card-Game Booklets Written by Professor Hoffmann” . . .
- What does a collection of card-game booklets look like?
- The likely cover for “Victorian-Age Conjuring Books: A Guide for Collectors and Bibliographers” . . .
- A super-quick but highly interesting factoid . . .
- The three author-bibliographies of my “youth” . . . Trollope, Carroll, and Haggard . . .
- I have received the books from the printer, but it will be a while before any are distributed or offered for sale!!!
- A little more on “The Bijou Hoyle” . . .
- Warne’s “The Bijou Hoyle,” from Warne’s Bijou Library . . .
- A comparison of the queen of diamonds from two of Goodall’s Historic Playing Cards sets . . .
- A look at the back-designs of two similar packs of Goodall’s Historic Playing Cards . . .
- Re a little booklet I issued eons ago . . .
- Something you don’t see every day — twelve examples of Professor Hoffmann’s “Bridge” . . .
- Another Goodall four-pack Bézique box, not as beautiful as the one discussed in the preceding post . . .
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (6)
- July 2017 (13)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Auction Bridge is one of the card-game rule-booklets written by Professor Hoffmann (Angelo J. Lewis, 1839-1919). The booklet was published by Goodall, and the only edition I know of was dated 1912 on the title page. It is interesting that … Continue reading
Well, finally, I am arriving at the first edition of Rubicon Bezique, by Professor Hoffmann, as published by Goodall. The first edition was dated 1895 on the title page. The example of the first edition of Rubicon Bezique in my … Continue reading
I have recently discussed the sixth edition of Rubicon Bezique, by Professor Hoffmann, published by Goodall, circa 1907. I have also talked about the seventh edition, circa 1909. Now I will take a look at the fourth edition. You may … Continue reading
In an earlier post, I discussed the seventh edition of Rubicon Bezique, by Professor Hoffmann, circa 1908. Below are two scans related to the sixth edition of that booklet. Using the same “dating” method that was applied in the post … Continue reading
Comments on “Rubicon Bezique,” by Professor Hoffmann (Angelo J. Lewis, 1839-1919), Seventh Edition, circa 1909
As mentioned elsewhere in this blog, Professor Hoffmann (Angelo J. Lewis, 1839-1919) wrote many card-game rule-booklets that were published by Goodall. The first three of those were Ecarte, Piquet, and Rubicon Bezique. As already discussed, it appears that the first … Continue reading
Note: I reposted this from another blog of mine, so some of the material in in may not make much sense. I want to explain, briefly and incompletely, why I have been handling certain things in certain ways on this … Continue reading
In an earlier post, I discussed Piquet, by Professor Hoffmann (Angelo J. Lewis, 1839-1919), mainly in connection with a boxed Piquet set issued by Goodall, circa 1902. I indicated that Piquet ran through many editions, but that it is not … Continue reading