Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 2
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 1
- My earliest Cavendish booklets . . .
- Update on my forthcoming bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- A little change to the title of this blog . . .
- Unequivocal answers as to the sequence of the three booklets discussed in the preceding two posts!
- A quick analysis of the chronology of the “Selected Patience Games” booklets discussed in the preceding post . . .
- It is difficult to use logic to prove subtle points regarding Goodall’s card-game booklets, and that is one of the fascinations of collecting them . . .
- Strangeness in “Patience Games,” Series 2, and “Selected Patience Games” . . .
- Looking at Professor Hoffmann’s “Selected Patience Games” from early during the Goodall-De La Rue period . . .
- A superficial treatment of the evolution of “Selected Patience Games,” by Professor Hoffmann in the post-1922 era . . .
- UPDATED POST: A brief note on my forthcoming book on Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- Something I have been thinking about lately . . . also, some “collecting” memories . . .
- Comments on an early Chas. Goodall & Son “Patience” set . . .
- Revisiting my earliest Goodall booklet and set, namely a two-pack Bezique set from 1868 or thereabouts . . .
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Monthly Archives: February 2011
I mentioned that I had duplicates or near-duplicates of certain booklets pictured on page 36 of Mike Goodall’s year-2000 book on the Goodalls. Mike shows a fourth edition of Cribbage, by Rawdon Crawley. Below is shown a scan of a … Continue reading
Comments on the illustrations of card-game rule-booklets in Mike Goodall’s year-2000 book on the Goodalls
In this post, I want to talk a little about Mike Goodall’s year-2000 book on the Goodalls. As I have mentioned before, the book does not have an ordinary title page, and the cover seems to use a Goodall advertisement … Continue reading
On page 39 of his year-2000 book on the Goodalls, Mike Goodall makes reference to four “Bijou Books for the Home,” in his chapter on Goodall publications. The details he provides are somewhat sketchy, but some time ago I came into … Continue reading
Answers to the quiz questions — do not read this post if you want to take the quiz — see the previous post, below, instead!
Below are answers to the quiz questions. Do not read these answers if you want to take the quiz! Instead, go to the preceding post! A Quiz (With Answers) 1. What design feature do all five of the booklets possess … Continue reading
Do not sent me your answers — the quiz is only for your own enjoyment. I will state the answers in a separate post, quite soon. Below are scans of five card-game rule-booklets. (I have not shown scans of any … Continue reading
Further comments on terminology in relation to card-game rule-booklets, and a little lesson in bibliography relating to “The Pocket Guide to Bezique,” by Cavendish (a De La Rue publication)
This is an edited version of a post I orignally posted on January 4, 2011, at 1:06 a.m. It is posible that some of you have already seen it (in its earlier version). In general, after the “first edition” of … Continue reading