Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 2
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 1
- My earliest Cavendish booklets . . .
- Update on my forthcoming bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- A little change to the title of this blog . . .
- Unequivocal answers as to the sequence of the three booklets discussed in the preceding two posts!
- A quick analysis of the chronology of the “Selected Patience Games” booklets discussed in the preceding post . . .
- It is difficult to use logic to prove subtle points regarding Goodall’s card-game booklets, and that is one of the fascinations of collecting them . . .
- Strangeness in “Patience Games,” Series 2, and “Selected Patience Games” . . .
- Looking at Professor Hoffmann’s “Selected Patience Games” from early during the Goodall-De La Rue period . . .
- A superficial treatment of the evolution of “Selected Patience Games,” by Professor Hoffmann in the post-1922 era . . .
- UPDATED POST: A brief note on my forthcoming book on Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- Something I have been thinking about lately . . . also, some “collecting” memories . . .
- Comments on an early Chas. Goodall & Son “Patience” set . . .
- Revisiting my earliest Goodall booklet and set, namely a two-pack Bezique set from 1868 or thereabouts . . .
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I will probably be posting on this blog much less frequently. I am not precisely running out of things to say, but, well, I have hit a lot of the highlights, and have probably accomplished a great deal of what … Continue reading
My blog dealing with Professor Hoffmann is back, but I do not expect to post anything further on it for the time being . . .
My Hoffmann blog is back, but I am going to defer further work on it. Here is a link. —T.A.S., 1-30-13
A few more comments about “Schnapps and Other Original Round Games,” by Professor Hoffmann, published by Goodall, 1912 — also some comments of Professor Hoffmann’s “Auction Bridge,” 1912 . . .
In an earlier post, I posted an image of the front cover of Schnapps and Other Original Round Games. Below is an image of the title page (and inside front cover). The booklet is 80 pages long, which by any … Continue reading
Professor Hoffmann’s Patience With the Joker was published on July 1, 1907 (or thereabouts), or at least that date is found on the title age. As I discussed in an earlier post, it seems as though Hoffmann’s Patience With the … Continue reading
Here is a link to an article that includes an image of John Leighton (Luke Limner): A link to the article. The portrait is about eight pages from the end of the article. Below is a portrait of Walter Pelham … Continue reading
In earlier posts, for example the one linked-to here, I discussed Mike Goodall’s article on William Taunton (Walter Pelham), which appeared in The Playing-Card in 2006. That article, with its accompanying illustrations, was quite an eye-opener to me regarding Taunton, … Continue reading
If you have been following the posts on William Taunton so far, you may be thinking, “Poor Tom, he thinks that everything was designed by William Taunton.” But no, I don’t. As a matter of fact, I have simply selected … Continue reading