Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- More on Zetema and its booklet, and “beggars can’t be choosers” . . .
- So, why didn’t I deal with 2012 and 2018 in my previous post?
- Looking at some stats from prior years . . . also, my 2017 bibliography is again available for purchase on eBay . . .
- (Non-Goodall.) An isolated post about the discussion on the Erdnase thread of the Genii forum . . .
- A further communique from David Levy regarding Frederic Jessel . . .
- More of Goodall’s “Time’s Footsteps,” this time for 1881 . . .
- The Jessel “errata slip” (based on help from David Levy) . . .
- Another Goodall calendar, this one for 1876 . . .
- Happy New Year!
- What does a collection of card-game booklets look like?
- The likely cover for “Victorian-Age Conjuring Books: A Guide for Collectors and Bibliographers” . . .
- A super-quick but highly interesting factoid . . .
- The three author-bibliographies of my “youth” . . . Trollope, Carroll, and Haggard . . .
- I have received the books from the printer, but it will be a while before any are distributed or offered for sale!!!
- A little more on “The Bijou Hoyle” . . .
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (4)
- December 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (6)
- July 2017 (13)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Monthly Archives: July 2017
I the course of my life, I have issued a few items which I set the type for and printed on my own little printing press. One of those was a little item I called Angelo Lewis: Other Than Magic. … Continue reading
Below are images of most of the copies of Professor Hoffmann’s Bridge in my collection. A couple of them have Bridge Whist covers, but the title page says Bridge. —Tom Sawyer July 30, 2017
Another Goodall four-pack Bézique box, not as beautiful as the one discussed in the preceding post . . .
In the preceding post, I discussed a really nice Bézique box. It was the box alone, not a complete set. A while ago (over two years ago), I acquired a complete set that overall must have been one of Goodall’s … Continue reading
This is a box I acquired recently on eBay, from bluemalchut. I don’t know exactly when it was issued, but it has to be pretty early. I think it is safe to say that Goodall’s first Bézique sets were issued … Continue reading
Do any of you know whether anyone (other than Goodall) has ever issued Goodall’s Historic Playing Cards (as seen on the cover design below)? I believe that Fournier issued their version of Goodall’s Historic Shakespeare Playing Cards, but I have not … Continue reading
The current title-page and frontispiece of my forthcoming bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s “Goodall” booklets . . .
These could change, but I am so far along that it’s unlikely these will change much, if at all. This shows the current layout of the quite grandiose title-page, and the facing page (with frontispiece portrait of Professor Hoffmann). —Tom … Continue reading
I don’t know whether I actually consider Bridge Hints to be a “booklet.” Well, I guess I don’t. It’s a cool item, though. It’s a strip of paper, folded into thirds, making a six-page leaflet, or . . . well, … Continue reading
That is starting to sound like a long time ago.
Note: The proofreading on my bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets continues. I am pretty sure I will be done this coming week! When I first saw Mike Goodall’s book Goodall Card Game Booklets 1868-1922, one of the things that … Continue reading
Note: The proofreading on my bibliography of Professor Hoffmann booklets continues. It actually is going a little beyond straight proofreading, since it has involved some revisions. I have tried to make the text a little more, oh, maybe succinct, or … Continue reading
Note: I am still spending a moderate amount of time in proofreading my bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets. Some of the miscues I have found are interesting. For instance, I thought I had moved the placement of a footnote (a … Continue reading
Last I went through my Cavendish booklets (published by De La Rue), or most of them. I was surprised at how long ago some of them were printed. During the past few years, I have not looked much for Cavendish … Continue reading
Well, my work on the book is now basically finished. I am now involved in proofreading. (I am also prevailing upon my daughter Elizabeth to do some proofreading.) Since this will be (I believe) a softcover printing, it is likely … Continue reading