Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 2
- Observations regarding early printings of Cavendish’s “The Pocket Guide to Bezique”: Part 1
- My earliest Cavendish booklets . . .
- Update on my forthcoming bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- A little change to the title of this blog . . .
- Unequivocal answers as to the sequence of the three booklets discussed in the preceding two posts!
- A quick analysis of the chronology of the “Selected Patience Games” booklets discussed in the preceding post . . .
- It is difficult to use logic to prove subtle points regarding Goodall’s card-game booklets, and that is one of the fascinations of collecting them . . .
- Strangeness in “Patience Games,” Series 2, and “Selected Patience Games” . . .
- Looking at Professor Hoffmann’s “Selected Patience Games” from early during the Goodall-De La Rue period . . .
- A superficial treatment of the evolution of “Selected Patience Games,” by Professor Hoffmann in the post-1922 era . . .
- UPDATED POST: A brief note on my forthcoming book on Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets . . .
- Something I have been thinking about lately . . . also, some “collecting” memories . . .
- Comments on an early Chas. Goodall & Son “Patience” set . . .
- Revisiting my earliest Goodall booklet and set, namely a two-pack Bezique set from 1868 or thereabouts . . .
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Author Archives: Thomas A. Sawyer
Note: The proofreading on my bibliography of Professor Hoffmann booklets continues. It actually is going a little beyond straight proofreading, since it has involved some revisions. I have tried to make the text a little more, oh, maybe succinct, or … Continue reading
Note: I am still spending a moderate amount of time in proofreading my bibliography of Professor Hoffmann’s card-game booklets. Some of the miscues I have found are interesting. For instance, I thought I had moved the placement of a footnote (a … Continue reading
Last I went through my Cavendish booklets (published by De La Rue), or most of them. I was surprised at how long ago some of them were printed. During the past few years, I have not looked much for Cavendish … Continue reading
Well, my work on the book is now basically finished. I am now involved in proofreading. (I am also prevailing upon my daughter Elizabeth to do some proofreading.) Since this will be (I believe) a softcover printing, it is likely … Continue reading
For quite a few years now (since apparently December 2010), this blog has been called “A blog about card-game rule-booklets published by Charles Goodall & Son during the period 1868 to 1922.” David Levy suggested to me (“way back when”) … Continue reading
Below are scans of the title pages of the booklets discussed in the preceding two posts. They are posted in the correct order of their appearance–which happens to be the C-A-B sequence arrived at very simply (but less conclusively) in … Continue reading
A quick analysis of the chronology of the “Selected Patience Games” booklets discussed in the preceding post . . .
Note: If you want to try to figure out the sequence on your own, you should look at the previous post before you look at this one. Here (in smaller form) are the same images as in the preceding post. … Continue reading