Search This Blog
Recent Posts on This Blog
- Links for use by those who might wish to purchase copies of my most recent books . . .
- My new bibliography is now on eBay, for domestic purchases — I expect to add international shipping late this week . . .
- I’m ALMOST ready to sell copies of my new “A Bibliography of Card-Game Booklets Written by Professor Hoffmann” . . .
- What does a collection of card-game booklets look like?
- The likely cover for “Victorian-Age Conjuring Books: A Guide for Collectors and Bibliographers” . . .
- A super-quick but highly interesting factoid . . .
- The three author-bibliographies of my “youth” . . . Trollope, Carroll, and Haggard . . .
- I have received the books from the printer, but it will be a while before any are distributed or offered for sale!!!
- A little more on “The Bijou Hoyle” . . .
- Warne’s “The Bijou Hoyle,” from Warne’s Bijou Library . . .
- A comparison of the queen of diamonds from two of Goodall’s Historic Playing Cards sets . . .
- A look at the back-designs of two similar packs of Goodall’s Historic Playing Cards . . .
- Re a little booklet I issued eons ago . . .
- Something you don’t see every day — twelve examples of Professor Hoffmann’s “Bridge” . . .
- Another Goodall four-pack Bézique box, not as beautiful as the one discussed in the preceding post . . .
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (6)
- July 2017 (13)
- June 2017 (7)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (9)
- February 2017 (4)
- March 2016 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (3)
- July 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (7)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (9)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (7)
- January 2013 (66)
- December 2012 (46)
- November 2012 (37)
- October 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (6)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (20)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (6)
- January 2011 (16)
- December 2010 (13)
Monthly Archives: June 2013
I really liked David Levy’s comments in the preceding post. The comments definitely have the ring of authority and obviously come from a thoughtful and experienced collector. Below are a few more or less random reflections on what David said … Continue reading
Here is an extract from an email I received from David Levy relating to my recent posts on the topic of condition. In my next post, I hope to extend the discussion somewhat. I much appreciate David’s observations! David writes: … Continue reading
Today makes two full years for David Levy’s blog on Edmond Hoyle and related topics. The blog is called “Edmond Hoyle, Gent.,” and in today’s post on the blog, David takes a look back over the first two years, and … Continue reading
A Discussion of Condition in Relation to Card-Game Booklets and Other Collectible Publications: Part 2
Note: This is Part 2 of a two-part post. In the preceding post, I developed the argument that if one is collecting card-game booklets, it is usually wise to try to collect them in the best possible condition. I also … Continue reading
A Discussion of Condition in Relation to Card-Game Booklets and Other Collectible Publications: Part 1
Note: In my most recent post, I briefly introduced this topic. Now I hope to go into it in much more detail In this post, I will discuss the topic of “condition.” First, a few words on “scarcity,” by way … Continue reading
It’s really too late at night for me to write a post on this topic tonight, but perhaps this post will inspire me to write more on it tomorrow. My thesis here is that condition is very important — far … Continue reading